The Indian government has banned 59 mobile apps, which were of Chinese origin. These apps were banned as per section 69 A of the Information Technology Act read, the Ministry of Information Technology.
In terms of official statements, these apps banned as information available leads in activities, which are prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, defense of India, the security of a state, and public order.
Let us see alternative apps for file scanning and sharing that are secure and easy to use.
File Sharing Apps
Alternative Apps of Shareit and Xender (Chinese company’s apps)
- Jio Switch: This app is an alternative to SHAREit application; it can be used for all kinds of file sharing. This app is compatible with IOS and Andriod OS. Jio Switch app can transfer cross-platform data and the transfer happens over 100 times faster than Bluetooth with no ads (as per company). This app also works without the internet and can save your data package (while using this app). Further, it has a 4.6/5 rating (96k reviews) on Google play store and users around 10Mn+.
Also Read: Create Android Apps Without Coding
- Share ALL: This app developed by the Indian startup Quantum4u Lab and used for Android file sharing. IOS and desktop web applications are in the development phase. Share ALL app allows users to share video, movies, series, files, apps, and others, with other android based devices. This app works on without internet for file sharing and also supports password protection, secure sharing and cleans cache, junk files, etc.. Share ALL has 4.0/5 rating, 14k reviews, and 5Mn+ downloads on Google play store.
- SuperBeam: The company suggests its WiFi direct sharing app while sharing files to another device super Beam can share files via WiFi, Where it can be paired via manual sharing screen, NFC, QR Codes, etc. SuperBeam is the fastest, easiest, and secure small or large file sharing app. On Google play store SuperBeam has a 4.3/5 rating (214K reviews) and 10Mn+ downloads.
- Z Share: Z Share file sharing app developed in India for sharing various types of files (Videos, movies, photos, songs, apps, etc). This app is based on open-source projects, you can trust in terms of privacy. Z Share app can be connected for file sharing while offline mode, it means you can use it anytime and anywhere. The app has a 4.6/5 rating (6K reviews) on Playstore and 100k downloads
- Files by Google: This app is formerly known as Files Go, for storing and sharing files. Files by Google is developed by Google LLC. Googles Files app is primarily used for such as quickly deleting junk files, getting rid of duplicates clearing up memory on the device, and others. The application has the feature of file sharing and allows you to backup files on Google Drive. This app allows you to share files offline fast and secure. The application has a 4.6 rating on Playstore and around 30,91,032 users.
Further, more file sharing apps like Swift File Transfer (SFT), Smart Share, SEND ANYWHERE, Portal, Zapya, Smart Transfer, Dropbox among others
File Scanning Apps
Alternative for CamScanner and other Chinese origin file scanning apps.
- Adobe Scan: This file scanning app is from Adobe, integrated with advanced technology like Optical character recognition (OCR) to recognize handwriting and printed text. The Adobe Scan mobile document scanner can be used for scanning anything and anywhere. The app can scan such as documents, receipts, business cards, notes, whiteboards, photos, among others. Adobe scan can automatically detect content once you have the app open and you can save and scan different documents in a batch to be saved and edited together. Further, on Google Playstore it has 10mn+ users and 4.6/5 rating (725k reviews). Recently, in India Adobe scan is the most downloaded app after the ban of the Camscanner app. This app has mixed positive and negative reviews, but negative reviews are with several improvements in apps.
- Document Scanner: An Indian scanner app and use for PDF creator. It provides more than 50 tools to edit and manage documents. If you scan multiple documents in a day, then this app is suitable for you, as it has a feature of multiple scanning documents. Document scanner has advanced filter techniques to make a clearer and sharp view, also it has a flashlight features to scan documents in low light. This app has a 4.6/5 rating on Google Playstore and ~41,437 total users.
- Microsoft Office Lens: Microsoft Company developed “Microsoft office lens” and has been list as the best apps of 2015 in the U.S. and Puerto Rico by Google Play. This app supports to scan all kinds of documents and export them to PDF, PowerPoint, and word. These apps work with different languages such as Spanish, German, Simplified Chinese, English, and many more languages coming soon. Microsoft office lens helps in organza file properly, by saving scanned documents in word or OneNote.
- Google Drive: This app also lets you scan documents apart from free cloud storage. Google Drive is a popular platform for storage but it has an inbuilt feature for scanning documents. This application has not many features for scanning files but allows scanning of documents and convert into digital file and Google drive assure you to access a file anywhere and anytime from the drive. If you are Android OS user than its a good option to scan and store files in one drive. On Playstore it has an overall rating for primary and secondary usage of app i.e 4.3/5 and with 59,57,703 users.
- TurboScan: This app is also one of the alternatives for china scanning apps. It has been developed by Piksoft Inc. Tapscanner allows you to work the same as the CamScanner app, with features of like multiple scanning, sharpening mode, auto edge detection, and more features to create better-scanned files. The application has an “Email to myself” feature that allows you to send scanned files to a predefined address and enables you to upload scanned documents on a drive like Dropbox, Google Drive, or others. On GooglePlay, it has a 4.6/5 rating and 17,061 users.
In addition, other file scanning app options are PhotoScan, TapScanner, vFlat, ScanPro (previously Scanbot), Camera Scanner, Smart Scan, Evernote, etc.