Windows 10 is one of the most widely used operating systems worldwide. Windows 10 operating system is deployed in various sectors such as education, consulting, hospitals, IT & Telecom, cybercafes among others. Currently, windows are providing free upgrades to their existing customers who are still using older version of operating system.
Window 10 is also one of the best OS in terms of supporting the PC Games, and many other factors. This operating system provides many benefits and customization that can be done easily as per our convenience.
Font size, yes this one thing everybody wants as per there need. Whether, one is using a laptop/tablet, big or small version of monitor, etc. As per device usage and one’s eye vision, there will be a need to change font size like small, large, or medium.
So Good thing is in windows 10 you can easily change the fonts as per your convenience. By following the below steps you change the font size of your windows 10.
Change Text/Font Size in the Windows 10
- Do Right click on the desktop and click on Display settings in the bottom of the menu.
- In the Display section. Move the highlighted bar “Change the size of text, apps…” to make text bigger slide bar to the right side and for a smaller size slide to the left side. The bar increases size at a rate of 25 percent and it increases/decreases the size up to 175 percent.
You’ll notice a change in the size of the text at the same time you need to restart to see the required changes. If you are happy with the changes then you can stop here. After all changes still, you want to try custom scaling modification, then you can adjust the font size of particular user interface (UI) elements (eg: the icons bars, title,etc.) and continue with the next step.
- Click “Advanced Display Settings” at the bottom of the setting window in the Display section.
- Click “Advanced sizing of text and other items” at the bottom of the window on the left navigation.
You will see the screen with several choices. From here you can select options.
- You can set a custom scaling percentage (eg: 110 or 30 percent) or
- Modify the font size of specific elements such as the Icons and Menus.
- Click “set a custom scaling level” under Change size of items menu.
Again a pop-up window will appear with a small ruler in it. You can see a percentage box. Click on the percentage box and type any number and click Ok. You can Test out
- Select any UI element you wanted to change, like font size or select “Bold” if you want bold letters. You can repeat all these steps as necessary for Menus, Message boxes, Title bars, Palette titles, Tooltips, and Icons.
- Click Apply Windows will make the changes immediately can ask you to sign out and log-in again ( in the case of scaling ) before you can see the changes.
That’s It you are good to go.