Facebook is one of the most adopted social media platform worldwide. There is increasing number of users day by day in this communication platform. This platform has given opportunity to many people to make new friends, connect with old ones, mutal friends, wish them on their birthdays, share about their recent trips, photos, views on some topics, etc. Also, for some users, it’s only a paltform to remain connected with their old friends to communicate with them, remember their birthdays, and many more things.
If you are concerned about your online privacy then Facebook is not for you. Edward Snowden says, Facebook is a surveillance company that sells your data. Recently, Facebook also confirmed the account compromise of 50 million users due to some bug.
This worldwide adopted social media platform raise a concern about users’ private data. For this reason many you may want to delete profile. Also, another reason may be you want to disconnect from the facebook world so you can enjoy the real world. Whatever may be your reason,deactivating or deleting your profile is actually pretty simple. Here’s how you do it.
Most of the people know about deactivating their Facebook. But we can permanently delete our Facebook account.
What’s the difference between deleting and deactivating facebook account?
Deactivating your account will do the below things.
- After deacativing your profile, it can reactivated your account again.
- People will not able to see your Facebook Timeline and not able to search your profile on facebook.
- Information about your recent chat with some of your friends will be visible (eg: Neha deactivated facebook profile but she had coversation over facebook messegner with Ankita. Then messgner information willl be visible to Ankita)
- Also,Facebook will save your profile information (eg: Interests, friend list, conversations,etc.) in case you reactivate.
Deleting your account will do the below things.
- Facebook account, once it’s deleted, cannot be reactivated.
- After deleting your facebook account, it will wait for few days after the request is made. If you loggin in during waiting period, the account will be recovered and deletion request will be canceled.
- According to the company, some material copies (like log records, etc.) may remain in Facebook’s database, but are “disassociated from personal identifiers,”
So, choose your path wisely deactiavting or permanent disconnect (deleting) from the facaebook world
Backup your Facebook data
Before deleting or deactivating your facebook account, you should take backup of your data in case you need it at a later point in time.
- Go to Facebook profile Settings.
- After that in General Tab, Press on download a copy of individual Facebook profile data
- Go on and press to start “My Archive”
- And then, put your Facebook password and press the Submit dialogue box.
- Go on to Start My Archive in the given My Download box.
- After all procedures, it will send a copy of your data to your registered email address.
How to deactivate your Facebook account?
It’s bit simple.To deactivate your Facebook account, follow the five steps:
- Select the account menu, then scroll down and click on settings
- After that scroll down, under Your Facebook Information tab Account Ownership and Control .
- Select Deactivation and Deletion.
- Then choose Deactivation box and then go through steos to confirs the same.
After some days, of you want to reactivate your Facebook account, then simply sign in by putting email and password. After this, your whole profile will be entirely reinstated.
How to delete your Facebook account?
Deleting your Facebook account is a serious decision, make sure you have taken backup of your facebook data(as mentioned above) before deleting.
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Visit this link, https://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account
- Click Delete My Account.
- It if prompt you several times to confirm deletion press continue.
Comment below for any queries.